The Hoover School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is open to all parents/guardians, teachers and staff. In collaboration with the Principal, the PTO works to provide resources and parent input to the school in order to support the overall educational mission.
The PTO provides countless hours of valuable volunteer time devoted to the Hoover Community.
Donate to the Hoover using Paypal:
PTO funds are used to provide the following:
- Field trips and enrichment programs
- Playground maintenance and new equipment
- Beautification of our school and grounds
- Professional development and academic support for our teachers
- “Hoover Directory” for all families
- Support to Hoover families and the community
- basic classroom supplies
- Guided reading program
- Books and technological upgrades to our volunteer-run library
- Capital expenditures like copiers, laminators, sound systems, an AED machine, several white boards for classrooms, DVD players and more.
Meetings are open to everyone and occur monthly on the second Tuesday of the month, with some exceptions. Link to the calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
The purpose of the Herbert Clark Hoover Parent-Teacher Organization is to promote the cooperation of parents, teachers and school officials so as to secure for every child the best in physical, social and academic education. Read the PTO Bylaws.
The Citywide PTO comprises representatives from each school. Citywide PTO will meet regularly on the first Tuesday of each month, at 9:05 in the Superintendent’s conference room with the exception of November and January, when the meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of the month. Meetings are open to the public and typically occur in the Superintendent’s Conference Room at Central Administration.