We only get one chance to prepare our students for a future that none of us can possibly predict. What are we going to do with that one chance?
What is “The Leader in Me”?
• A process that helps develop essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century.
• Uses Stephen Covey’s, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People model, tailored to children and teachers in an educational setting.
• Currently has been rolled out to over 650 schools worldwide.
Why is it good for Hoover School?
Teaches skills needed to be successful in a global society like:
• Personal leadership – being accountable for actions and attitudes
• Initiative and self-discipline, making healthy choices
• Ability to work well with others, cross culturally and in teams
• Effective communication and listening skills, integral part of Common Core Standards
• Ability to solve complex problems and creative thinking skills
• Inspires greater self-confidence with a belief that every child can be “leader in their own life”, has unique talents and can make a difference.
What types of results are expected?
• Increased academic achievement and decline in discipline problems
• Increased student self-confidence, improved social and life skills
• Increased student, teacher and parent satisfaction with their education